Saturday, February 6, 2016

Day 5 of #PSLoveMe Challenge: A letter to my past self

In the Periscope broadcast, I mentioned I would tell my past self not to worry about what other people say. I was mostly referring to my middle school self and the bullying that I went through in middle school. Now that it is over ten years later, I can look back and see that those bullies were wrong. I don't know where those bullies are now, but the truth is that most bullies have their own issues with self esteem and that's why they are bullies so I hope those women are in better places now where they don't feel like they need to take down the self esteem of others to make themselves feel better. 

Dear past self,

Don't worry about what others say. Those bullies are wrong. You are beautiful and you will turn out to be a wonderful young woman. You will reach your goal of being a teacher and making a difference in the lives of the future generation. You will go through struggles, but you will make it through them and come out better in the end. At age 26, you are in a pretty good place and life is pretty good. The bullies are no longer in your life and you are surrounded by friends and loved ones that respect you. 

-Amanda, Age 26 

No comments:

Post a Comment