Sunday, March 26, 2017
My thoughts on the Vampire Diaries Finale and The Originals New Season 2017 (WARNING Spoilers Included)
A couple of weeks ago, we said farewell to The Vampire Diaries. At this point, I'm thinking most fans have already watched the episode so I think it's safe to talk about it. So here are my thoughts. I really got frustrated with the final season. I wasn't big on The Sirens and I was frustrated they kept breaking apart Caroline and Stefan. Then, when it was revealed that Nina Dobrev would be Katherine in the last couple episodes for most of the time and not Elena I was a little frustrated about that at well. That being said, in the end I think I am pretty happy with how it all ended. They all found peace. Was it weird how the ending ending was? Yes, but my take is that they lived a happy life and then they all found peace instead of going to hell when they grew old and died. I was sort of mad when it was revealed that Stefan died to kill Katherine leaving Caroline alone, but then we were given hope for Caroline when Matt says at the end of The Vampire Diaries series finale how Klaus donated to her school and there was another story to be told. Did I hate Klaus and Caroline together? Yes, but if this means there can be hope for her character, I am all for it. That leads me to The Originals premiere. Such a great episode, especially airing one week after we say goodbye to The Vampire Diaries. I am glad The Originals decided to catch up the timeline and fast forward five years. Now that we have seen the older Hope and a new witch child was revealed, I hope this is a sign that we will get "the story" Matt was talking about at the end of TVD and Caroline's school will be where Klaus decides Hope needs to learn her magic. It has already been confirmed that Alaric will show up this season on The Originals to tell Klaus about the school (hence his sending the donation letter to Caroline we see in the TVD finale). I think it would be great to see the kids interacting with each other (Alaric's daughters, Hope, and the new witch child that was revealed in The Originals premiere). The second episode of this season of The Originals wasn't as exciting but I am glad Haley was able to get all of the siblings back together and safely to her home with Hope and I look forward to seeing where it will all lead.
Saturday, March 11, 2017
My preschool teacher Ms. B was an amazing lady. I don't remember so much about her, but she instilled a love of learning in me that would last a lifetime! Now that I have taught early childhood education myself, I know how important a preschool teacher can really be to a child. These teachers have a huge role in the way children approach learning from an early age. I know her job couldn't have been easy either especially when it came time to teach my brother.
Here is a short video I did in May 2016 sharing some thoughts about this teacher:
February 2017 Results:
Please note, the reason the follower count went down was because Periscope did a huge purge to get rid of spam and robot accounts and it took my follower count way down. My goal was 900 followers. This changed once the purge happened. I still gained about 20 followers which is my monthly average. I gained 79,014 hearts for the month. Still celebrating small successes.
March 2017 Goals:
For March, I have launched a new Periscope account for my teaching related scopes. My goal for that account is to get to 10 followers and just get as many hearts as I can on the account. For my regular account I would like to get to 750 followers. On that account I am not really worried about hearts at this time.
Livestreaming is growing and many businesses and individuals are using it to get themselves out there. People love seeing you Live and being able to interact with you live. It's all about sharing YOU and what you are about while also giving people the opportunity to ask questions and interact with you LIVE without actually being in person. If you are trying to brand yourself and grow your online following, you definitely should consider jumping on the LiveStream bandwagon with apps like Periscope and Facebook Live.
Follow me on Periscope
@amandabeautytip and @teacheralcove
Sunday, February 26, 2017
March is Women's History month. During the month of March, I am going to try to blog some about Women's History and women in my history. I am going to start this off by talking about some women in my past. First, I would like to mention my Grandma Campbell. She was definitely an important woman of my past. She used to do things with my brother and I when we were growing up. My parents relied on her for child care during the summer and also some when they had things to do. I also went to her house after school during my ninth grade year so I wouldn't have to go home and be alone. She would cook for us and teach us. She also helped me with homework the year I went to her house after school. She was like a second mother to us. She also LOVED history and I think her love of history was passed on to me. I think she would appreciate that I wanted to share some about Women's History with my readers. Second, I would like to mention that I have had some influential female teachers in my school career. These women brought me to be the teacher that I am today. Some of them definitely stick out in my mind. Teachers from my preschool teacher to my post graduate college professor. I will not mention their names in this post, but I will say that I am thankful to these women and I value their commitment to the profession of teaching as I know how rewarding and difficult being a teacher can be being that I am now a teacher myself. Below is a video I did last May (May 2016) sharing about these influential women in my life.
Sunday, February 12, 2017
January 2017 Results:
I gained 24 followers and over 100,000 hearts.
February 2016 Results:
February 2016 to February 2017 Growth:
In a years time I have gained many hearts and over 400 followers. So awesome!
Goals for February 2017:
My goal is to get to at least 900 followers, closer to the overall 1K goal. I do not have a hearts goal this month. I attribute the growth to being a part of the PeriGirls and PeriGirls Heart Tribes communities as well as PeriNewbies and PetLoversTribe. When you find a group, you will gain a following and support group. Thanks so much to everyone that has and is supporting this journey!
Monday, January 23, 2017
I am so excited about my growth on Periscope over the last year (see image below). This month, I have been challenged to Scope every day in the month of January. I have missed a few days, but I am still pushing on with the goal to get to at least 900 followers. In January 2016, I grew by 74 followers and almost 125, 000 hearts. The hearts are like "likes" and show that your viewers like what they are seeing. From January 2016 to January 2017 I grew by 472 followers and 1,739,042 hearts! That is SUPER amazing! I attribute this growth to continuous scoping efforts, joining groups of Periscopers, taking on scoping challenges, and support from current followers. So excited for the growth to come in 2017!
Growth In January 2016:
Growth From January 1, 2016 to January 1, 2017:
Sunday, January 15, 2017
In the video below I discuss planning your weekly goals:
How do you plan your weekly goals?
- Planning? Are you kidding? I don't plan anything...
- Sticky notes
- Electronic Calendar
- Electronic Planner
There are lots of ways to decide what you need to get done in a given day, week, month, year and lots of ways to break down those goals. It's important to remember that setting time aside to get things done and writing things down helps to hold you accountable and makes it easier to get things done.
Saturday, January 7, 2017
In this video I share some things that I plan to do more videos on with my LiveStreaming particularly on Periscope. You can follow me on Periscope and Twitter @amandabeautytip You can also watch online at www.periscope.tv/amandabeautytip
- LiveStream almost every day if not every day
- Blog 2-3 times a week with the goal to get about 10 posts per month which would equal 120 for the year.
- Put myself out there more as an educator
- Share more about my direct sales businesses on this blog (about twice a month...once a month for each).
- Catch up on content that never got posted in 2016
- Write in my handwritten journal regularly
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
- Moving to a new place!
- Getting a new job as a private Kindergarten Teacher
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Reaching 1,000,000 Periscope Hearts
- Reaching 500 Periscope Followers
- Reaching 2,000,000 Periscope Hearts just before midnight on December 31, 2016
- "Meeting" Wonderful women on Periscope
- Being on the PeriGirls Heart Tribes and Heart Tribes 2.0 Leadership Council
- Meeting my cousin's baby girl
- Discovering adult coloring
- Missing out on a good job opportunity before I got the one I did end up getting
- Not reaching 1,000 Periscope followers by the close of 2016
- Not reaching the sales goals I wanted to for Avon
- Not reaching the sales goals I wanted to for Kitcheneez
- Deciding to give up my third Direct Sales business
- Not seeing my friends as much as I'd like
- Losing some of my direct sales customers (although I realize people will come and go when it comes to clients)
- The TV Show Containment being canceled without it being able to be wrapped up
- The end of Vampire Diaries (yes I realize the finale will air in 2017 but it is still the end of an era of TV)
- The end of Bones (same as number 9 I realize the actual final season is airing in 2017 but it was canceled in 2016)
On number 9 and number 10, I am just glad both series are given the opportunity to wrap it up as best they can.
3 Game Changers...
- Moving into the one year old class before I left my one job to take the Private Kindergarten one
- Periscope and Live Streaming!
- Getting my new job as a Private Kindergarten teacher
3 Things You Focused On...
- Blogging and Learning
3 Things You Forgot...
- Have fun! Yes, I did have some fun, but I definitely could have budgeted out more time for fun.
- Reading...definitely didn't read enough in 2016
- Days of Our Lives...I used to watch the show religiously. The forgetting actually started at the end of 2015 and I got way behind. When I moved I was about 3 months behind so I had to read what happened and for the first time in many many years I missed a huge chunk of episodes. I am still a couple months behind going into 2017 looking to catch up.
In 2017, I plan to focus on growing my direct sales businesses. I plan to do better with Blogging. I plan to continue to use Live Streaming to grow my online presence. I plan to exercise more. I will focus on being successful. I am taking what I learned in 2016 and applying it in 2017.
Happy New Year! What are your reflections on 2016? What are you taking into 2017?