Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Review

I'll be honest when I first saw this book was coming out, I wasn't too sure I wanted to purchase it. Then, it came up that it would be the Book Club selection for the Periscope PeriGirls group. I wanted to be on the panel for the Book Club discussion so I did go out and purchase the book. I read it in THREE days. Yes THREE days. It could have been quicker if I had just sat and read but I had other stuff going on that weekend. lol. I LOVED it! As a die hard Harry Potter fan I truly did appreciate the characters coming back and seeing the next generation. Now of course everyone will have their differing opinions but for whatever my opinion counts, I LOVED it! I don't want to post any spoilers so without giving much detail it was definitely an interesting story and definitely pulls you in like the main series did. You can get past the script format fairly easily. I am a theatre person so maybe it didn't bother me as much as it may bother others but I was able to get past it very quickly! 

The book picks up from where the final Harry Potter book left off and goes from there. In the book you meet the core groups children and some interesting relationships are formed. Definitely an awesome read. Without spoilers, you'll just have to trust me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment