Saturday, September 13, 2014

Tasty Turkey Tetrazzini

This is my second dish since documenting my cooking journey. What I've decided to do is to document recipes I've made and tried as I'm learning how to cook by teaching myself. This one was another good one. I'll probably only share the successes since nobody wants to read about the failures. So, here is another Pampered Chef recipe I tried. I really only started with recipes from there since I wanted to get some use out of some things I bought from a Pampered Chef consultant. Not all of the recipes will be Pampered Chef. To get this recipe and others it is from the Weekday Dinners--Done! collection (so is the Savory Salisbury Steak). Available from your Pampered Chef consultant or if you don't have one then get it from the one I bought from here!

Tasty Turkey Tetrazzini--Yields 6 servings

Ingredients:
8 oz uncooked spaghetti noodles
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/3 cup), divided
1/2 cup 2 % milk
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 8-oz slice oven-roasted deli turkey (1/2 in. thick), diced
1 pkg (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed

Directions:
1) Prepare all ingredients before starting.
2) Combine noodles and broth in a 12-in skillet. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook 5-6 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Add mushrooms and 1/4 cup water. Cook, covered, 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
3) Prepare soup mixture while step 2 is cooking on the stove by combining the soup, sour cream, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, milk, onion, pressed garlic, and black pepper; mix well.
4) After step 2 is complete, then add the turkey, soup mixture, and beans to the Skillet. Cook 5-7 minutes or until noodles are tender and soup and beans have had time to heat up.





No comments:

Post a Comment