Saturday, March 19, 2016

Road Trip to celebrate VA History...

If you live in VA you may have noticed the historical marker signs around the state like the one pictured above. The one in this picture is actually for an ancestor of mine Mary Draper Ingles and is featured at the duck pond at VA Tech. Throughout the years, I have noticed other signs around the state as well including in my hometown just outside of Richmond. It has been my dream for awhile to take a road trip around the state stopping at as many of these signs as possible and taking a picture while visiting the area. I love to visit historical places and Virginia has a lot of these places to visit. In my 27 years (almost) I still have not seen even a quarter of what VA has to offer. Hopefully one day I will be able to take this road trip around my home state. 

No comments:

Post a Comment