Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas! What are your Christmas Traditions? How are you celebrating this year?

Merry Christmas everyone! What are your family traditions? How are you celebrating this year?

One tradition is for me to attend the Christmas party for my best friend's family. This year marked twenty years that we've known each other which feels crazy! We had a lot of fun a couple of weeks ago and this year I got to share the tradition with my boyfriend. 

A second tradition for the last few years is for my mom to make Peanut Butter balls at some point during the holiday time. She made some last weekend and they are amazing as always! Chocolate and peanut butter...mmm...yummy!

As far as the tree, my family usually gets a cedar tree the old fashioned way (cutting it down from the woods) and they usually get it the weekend before Christmas and leave it up until New Years Day. The past couple of years we finished decorating the tree on Christmas Eve. 

Christmas morning traditions have changed since we were little. When we were little my brother and I would wake up at like 6am and then wake my parents up so we could open presents. We then opened all of our presents, ate breakfast, and played until it was time to go to my grandma's house around 10am. Then, we'd do it all over it again there and return home and either go to my other grandma's house or she would come to us. Since becoming adults we wake up later ourselves and therefore start later. We sometimes even save a gift or two for later in the day. We still go to my grandma's around 10am, but unfortunately the other grandma passed in 2008. Christmas Day is all about the family time though. 

Here is a video where I share some Christmas Traditions:
Here is a link to my playlist of videos that are similar to the one above sharing how my family is doing Christmas this year: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf7iLuSe4kHGtJdi0I6IZp8Mcbb5QR86-

No comments:

Post a Comment