Saturday, December 29, 2018

Bridge to the New Year--Endings and New Beginnings

Endings and New Beginnings

What was something that ended in 2018?
This year I said goodbye to my childhood room as I knew it. I moved out permanently in 2013, but for the last five years my childhood room has been kept pretty much the same. In June, my brother decided to move to Florida. So, at the end of this summer my family decided to turn my old room into a guest room of sorts and as a result we cleaned out a lot from that room throwing a lot of things away. While I still have some things stored at my parents it is nothing like what it was when I would come home and still see my room as I left it and as it had been since the time I was 13. Now most of my stuff is stored in the attic and no longer in the room itself. I had to let go of that piece that was linking me to my childhood.
What is something you are prepared to let go of in 2019?
In 2019, I know I need to do some general organizing so I am prepared to let go of things that I know I no longer need. My closet, in particular, needs a real overall. LOL.

Follow our challenge on Instagram @newyearbridge 

1 comment:

  1. You’re all grown up. My family made it easy for me. I left and my room was immediately swallowed up by my brother overnight. 😀 Aways enjoy reading your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete