Wednesday, November 12, 2014

30 Day Blog Challenge: Dream Job

DREAM JOB


Hello all! At this point, it is hard for me to find the time to keep this updated, so I am updating as I can with this 30 Day Blog Challenge. Hopefully, I will be able to start posting more often. The next topic for this challenge is my dream job. I am one of those people that has been saying since I was in second grade that I would be a teacher when I grew up. Come high school and deciding what I wanted to go to college for, I still wanted to be a teacher. I ended up deciding on the Elementary age level because I knew that I loved working with children and I felt I could be most successful at the Elementary level, plus I could not decide on just one subject to teach and Elementary lets you teach it all! I therefore went to college and graduated Magna Cum Laude with my Masters in Teaching for Elementary Education. One of my student teaching experiences was with a center based gifted class (i.e. a homogeneous class of identified gifted students). I loved that experience and decided to add a certification in gifted education to my teaching license. I am still working on that endorsement. I have taught fourth grade and while I enjoyed those jobs, I am enjoying my job as a preschool teacher more. I love seeing young minds develop. As for the gifted endorsement, I'm not sure where that will lead me, but I am willing to continue on life's journey. On another note, I also love my direct selling businesses and the network marketing opportunity. I love teaching, but I love my businesses as well and would love for one or all of them to be successful (in particular my Avon business since I give most of my focus to that one as that is the one I've been doing the longest). So to sum it up, my dream job is one that I can enjoy myself in, one that I don't dread going to every morning, and one where I feel I am successful and making a difference. My current job as a preschool teacher allows me to do all of those things. Ultimately in 40 years when I'm nearing retirement age, I will consider a dream job one that allows me to live financially secure and retire feeling comfortable about the fact that I will be leaving the work force (at least the traditional work force). 

No comments:

Post a Comment