Sunday, January 25, 2015

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 25 My Biggest Regret

This post is pretty difficult for me as there honestly isn't much in my life that I'd say I regret. I like this quote I found, "In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take" because I feel it best describes what I would regret in my life. Missed chances, missed opportunities, wondering what would have been different had I chosen a different path at a couple of different moments in my life. My biggest regret at the moment is not so much a regret, but more a reflection. What would have been different if I had chosen differently? As well as time wasted...each day that goes by that I feel I wasted time that could have been better spent, I think what could I have done differently? What should I have done differently? There have been some decisions in my life....what college to go to? Choosing between jobs offered...sometimes I can't help but wonder what life would have been like if I'd looked at more colleges in high school...if I'd stayed at Longwood University instead of going to VCU (while I'd never say I'd regret ending up at VCU because I met some amazing people and had a great four years there). What life would have been like if I'd chosen to pursue something other than teaching? I think sometimes you wonder these things and "regret" the chance you didn't take, but at the same time I have to say while I do sometimes reflect on these things, I still don't dwell on it and at the moment I'm pretty happy on where I am in my life currently. Moving on..

No comments:

Post a Comment