Monday, January 5, 2015

30 Day Blog Challenge: My Favorite Childhood Book


For my favorite Childhood Book, I have to go with the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I'm sure most everyone is familiar with the series, and if you aren't then look it up as there will be no spoilers here. I first came to Harry Potter when I was in sixth grade. At that time I read books 1 and most of book 2. Then, I stopped. Fast forward to the movies being released and I watched the first movie on DVD when my mom and I rented it. We loved the movie, so we both read books 1-4 (all that was out at the time). My grandmother (mom's mom) also read books 1-4. Then, we pre-ordered book 5 and got it as soon as it came out. Again all three of us read the book (me, then mom, then grandma). We did the same for books 6 & 7. Movie two was also rented, but then after that my mom and I went to the theater for each movie release. Unfortunately, my grandma passed in 2008 before all of the books were made into movies, but at least she knew what happened because she had read all of the books (and let's be honest as much as I LOVE the movies as well, the books are better...books are always better...). Like most children (well tweens, teens) I wanted to be like Harry Potter and get a letter delivered by Owl inviting me to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It would just be too awesome if we could live in the magical world of Harry Potter for real (without You Know Who and all of the violence of course *wink*). The Harry Potter series definitely gets ten stars from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment