Monday, November 21, 2016

30 Days of Thankful 2016 Day 21

Today I am thankful for my students. As frustrating as children can be from time to time, my students are truly what my job as a teacher is all about. I have positive memories from all of my teaching experiences and I know that I have made a difference in the lives of my students. Some of these kids may not realize it as I have taught one and two year olds, but I can tell that I truly made a difference in their lives. When you walk into the classroom in the morning and a one year old walks over to you and hugs your leg or gives a wave or says, "Hi!" It's just so heartwarming! And this has happened in all of my classes. The older students may have just said, "Good morning!" or something equivalent but it still is heartwarming and you can tell that you make a difference in that child's life. I have had some of my older students tell me as such and parents of my younger students tell me as such. These are the things that make me want to continue teaching. You can be at rock bottom, ready to quit and a child will do something that makes you think, "This is why I went into teaching!" That will quickly turn your mood around and rejuvenate you in your teaching career! 

No comments:

Post a Comment