Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving! 30 Days of Thankful 2016 Day 24

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Wow! A year certainly does fly by in no time! This year I am thankful for family traditions. Remembering the traditions of the past and transitioning into making traditions of my own. The older you get the more you start to have your own traditions as you start to build your own family. The past several years have been the start to this transition away from doing what my family does to doing something on my own. In 2014, that was the first year I woke up not at my parents house on Thanksgiving. In 2015, I spent the morning with my family and the actual Thanksgiving dinner with my boyfriend's family. This year, I will be spending the afternoon and dinner with my boyfriend's family and will spend part of Black Friday with my own family. Who knows what next year will bring? I will just have to wait and find out. 

Growing up, my dad and brother would go deer hunting and my mom and I would stay at home and watch the Macy's parade while she cooked and as I got older I would sometimes help her cook. My mom and I would eat lunch with her family and then all of us would meet up with my dad's family for Thanksgiving dinner. A couple of years my mom hosted and we had her family over for dinner. Family traditions are important to have and change as your family changes.

Here is a video I did this morning through Periscope explaining about my family traditions and talking about how traditions change as you get older:

No comments:

Post a Comment