Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Bridge to the New Year--Inner Critic

What story do I tell myself when I don't reach my goals?

I am a person that when I do not reach my goals, I look at what I did accomplish along the way. I try to find the positive in everything. The big thing I tell myself is that it will happen when it is meant to happen. Another thing I say is that I am where I am meant to be right now. And again usually if I am going towards a goal even if I don't reach that specific goal I still manage to accomplish smaller things. I try to be reflective when I do not reach a goal. What did I do that worked? What did I do that didn't work? What could I do differently next time? What could I do differently to try to reach the goal a different way? Has my goal changed? I think one reason I am that way is that when I was in college I was taught to be a reflective practitioner as an educator and I think I carry that over into other areas of my life. I don't always write the answers to these questions down but I do try to think it out in my head as I move forward.

Follow @newyearbridge on Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment